When setting-up a project, you will be asked to add group coordinators. Group coordinators are coordinators that are assigned to a group in the organizational structure. Depending on their role, group coordinators can create surveys and/or view survey results. They are (usually) managers in your organization. Assigning them the role of group coordinator gives them the rights to access their groups’ surveys and result. In this article you will learn about group coordinators and how to assign group coordinator roles.
What are group coordinators?
Group coordinators are the people within your organization who have the rights to create surveys and/or view survey results. There are 2 types of group coordinators:
Local coordinators are allowed to create surveys and view results for the groups they are assigned to.
Results access coordinators are allowed to see the survey results of the groups they are assigned to. results access coordinators cannot create surveys.
When you assign group coordinators to a group, they get access to that part of the organizational structure and all groups below.
Learn more about Coordinator roles and rights here: Coordinator roles - What do the different roles in My Effectory mean? – Effectory
Step by step
You can assign group coordinators on the role management page. Follow the step by step guide below.
When setting up a project you will be asked to go through a several steps. The required steps are shown in the field named “Pack your essentials!” on the project page.
The last step is to add group coordinators. Click on “Manage roles” to access the Role management page.
There are three options of automated role assignment:
- Automated assignment Off: This means you will manually assign all group coordinators for your project.
- Auto-suggest: This means you will receive suggestions for group coordinators based on the manager information in your employee data. You will have to accept or decline these suggestions manually.
- Auto-assign: This means group coordinators will be automatically assigned based on the manager information in your employee data. Please note: This setting requires that your employee file is always correct and up to date.
Depending on your choice in the previous step, different actions apply.
- If you chose Automated assignment Off, click on “Assign coordinator” for each group in your organizational structure. You can now search for the employee you want to make coordinator. Or click on “Add coordinator” and enter the employee name and email address.
- If you chose Auto-suggest, you will see the suggested coordinator for each group in your organizational structure.
You have the option to Accept or Decline a suggestion. For bulk assignment, click “Accept all” or “Decline all” in the top banner.Please note: Declined suggestions will not reappear later on. Even when switching to auto-assign. Accepted suggestions will stay, even when switching to Off (manual assignment) or auto-assign.
- If you chose Auto-assign, you will see the coordinator names assigned to each group.
Please note: for groups that do not have manager information in your employee data, no coordinator will be assigned. You can still add a coordinator manually by clicking on “Assign coordinator”
When you are happy with your selection of coordinators, click on “review and confirm” to confirm your changes.
You will see an overview of the coordinators you have assigned and their roles. When you confirm your changes, the employees of your choice will be assigned their new roles. They will receive a confirmation email after confirming this.
Want to know more about coordinator linking and how it works? See Coordinator linking - What is it and how does it work?
What happens if I add a role during a survey?
When a coordinator role is added during a survey, this will also change for the running survey(s).
What happens when I assign an employee as coordinator?
Newly assigned coordinators will receive an activation email after the roles are confirmed. In that email they are asked to create an account in My Effectory.
What happens when I remove a coordinator's rights?
If you remove someone on the project-level during an running survey, those survey-level rights do remain. This means that access to that particular survey remains in place. So the removal of coordinators is actually mostly relevant to surveys scheduled after that.
Please sign in to leave a comment.