This guide will take you through the process of updating your employee data by importing a new Excel or CSV file to My Effectory.
You want to make changes to your employee data currently existing in My Effectory. You have an updated file and want to import these updates into My Effectory. Instead of importing a new file, it is also possible to manually make changes directly in the My Effectory platform. Find out more about this possibility in this article
Note: Your employee data is continuously syncing with your projects. However, your changes will not apply to surveys that are either completed, currently running, or about to be launched within the next twelve hours.
Step-by-step: Uploading a new employee file
This method is recommended when updating large numbers of employees in bulk.
- Navigate to the Employees tab.
- Click on Upload data on the top right of your screen.
- Indicate which of the two options applies:
- Only add new or updated employees
- Replace all existing employee data
Only add new or updated employees
- Click on Continue to upload and upload your file.
> If new columns are detected, you will be asked to match your columns with our data fields.
- Click on Next step.
- Review and confirm by ticking or unticking the respective checkboxes:
- Employees that will be added.
- Employees that will be updated.
- Employees that will be removed.
- Click on Start import.
> The data will be imported, and you will be notified once the process is complete.
Note: Always keep your Employee ID values consistent in every upload! This is how My Effectory recognizes employees and detects whether records are being added, adjusted, or removed.
Replace all existing employee data
If you choose Replace all existing employee data
, My Effectory will guide you through the process of importing a new employee data file. Find a step-by-step guide about this process here